The Army of the Republic of Vietnam, commonly abbreviated to ARVN, was the main land force of South Vietnam, which existed from 1955 until the fall of Saigon in 1975. The ARVN was completely supplied by the United States in weaponry and vehicles. After the reformation from the Vietnam National Army, the ARVN focused on defending South Vietnam from Viet Cong guerrilla forces. Once the full-thrown Vietnam War started, the ARVN saw less and less action in the war, mostly being replaced by American forces on the battlefield. Usually, the ARVN came after the initiation of American operations and supported American troops. ARVN forces also stayed within occupied cities and areas to defend against counter-attacks. In the final stages of the war, with the retreat of American forces from Vietnam, the ARVN was the bulk of the remaining anti-communist aligned forces and eventually failed to hold back overwhelming NVA forces which led to the fall of Saigon. After that, ARVN soldiers were reformed into the Viet Nam People's Army, while officers were exiled to the United States.
In Battlefield Vietnam, the Army of the Republic of Vietnam fight the North Vietnamese Army in historical battles of the Vietnam War.
Engagements against the NVA
- Hue - 1968: 1st ARVN Division vs. 6th N.V.A. Regiment
- Quang Tri - 1968: 1st ARVN Division vs. 812th N.V.A. Regiment
- Reclaiming Hue: 2nd Battalion, 3rd Regiment ARVN Rangers vs. 6th N.V.A. Regiment
- Quang Tri -1972: 258th ARVN Marine Brigade "The Divine Hawks" vs. 101st Regiment
- Fall of Saigon: 1st ARVN Division vs. Unidentified North Vietnamese Forces
- Combat Knife
- Three (3x) Mk.II Hand Grenades