- 1 Launch Update & The Road Ahead
- 2 Performance and Server Stability
- 3 Gunplay and Balance
- 4 Solo/Co-Op and Custom Portal Experience Progression
- 5 What’s being addressed in our next two updates?
- 5.1 Fixes, Changes and Improvements
- 5.2 User Interface
- 5.3 Matchmaking & Friends
- 5.4 Progression and Unlocks
- 5.5 Rendering
- 5.6 Maps
- 5.7 Battlefield Portal
- 5.8 Battlefield Hazard Zone
- 5.9 Conquest
- 5.10 Breakthrough
- 5.11 General
- 5.12 Dynamic World Improvements
- 5.13 Vehicles
- 5.14 Weapons
- 5.15 HUD
- 5.16 Bots
- 5.17 Audio
- 5.18 Specialists
- 5.19 Sundance Grenade Belt
- 5.20 Angel Loadout Crate
- 5.21 Irish DCS Deployable Cover
- 5.22 Dozer SOB-8 Ballistic Shield
- 5.23 Rao Cyber Warfare Suite
- 5.24 Paik EMG-X Scanner
- 5.25 Casper OV-P Recon Drone
- 5.26 Boris SG-36 Sentry Gun
- 5.27 Sundance Wingsuit
- 5.28 Falck S21 Syrette Pistol
- 5.29 Mackay Grappling Hook
- 5.30 Gadgets
- 5.31 CG Recoilless M5
- 5.32 C5 Explosive
- 5.33 SOFLAM Designator
- 5.34 Anti-Tank Mine
- 5.35 Medical Crate and Supply Crate
- 5.36 Smoke Grenade
- 5.37 Frag Grenade
- 5.38 Repair Tool
- 5.39 Insertion Beacon
- 5.40 FXM-33 AA Missile
- 5.41 Soldier
- 5.42 Melee
Launch Update & The Road Ahead
It’s only a few days past our global launch, and there are already millions of you playing Battlefield 2042. We’re happy to see so many of you back on the battlefield - almost twice as many at this point as our last release. So first, thank you to all of you - how you’re playing and what you’re creating in the game is amazing and beyond our expectations. We’re also listening closely to your feedback which is helping to shape updates to come.
We couldn’t be more passionate about this game and will be supporting and evolving it for years to come. We have confirmed at least two major game updates in the coming weeks, and we'll be here communicating consistently about the changes we are making, as well as new content coming to Battlefield 2042.The teams across the globe are working 24/7 to evolve and deliver improvements to the game. Since launch we’ve made a number of service updates that have improved server performance as well as the vaulting and restoration of content not performing in line with our designs.
We also want to give you the assurance that we’re carefully evaluating your desire to see legacy features return. End-of-match Scoreboard, Server Browser, and features like Voice Chat are big topics for us to cover all at once, and we have plenty we want to say around them. We’ll come back to you when we have things that we can show to you, including details about our long-term vision for certain features and functions.
Now, let’s focus on what is coming. We’ll be delivering Update #2 for the game on Thursday, November 25, followed by a further, substantial Update #3 in early December. We are also working on another update that we are looking to deploy in advance of the Holidays too. In addition to the updates that are coming, we’ll also be sharing more about Season 1 in early 2022.
For the latest on these updates and further developments, we’ll continue to provide updates through Battlefield Direct Communication on Twitter straight from the Development and Community teams.
Here’s what we’ve identified as our areas of focus for the upcoming updates:
Performance and Server Stability
There are two issues we’re tracking relative to performance: Server Side and hardware-related issues on the Client Side.
Servers - We are largely seeing our services perform at our intended target levels, following numerous backend changes since launch. Stability of the game has continued to be strong from launch. However, there are still some critical issues that you may experience when playing on servers that we are keen to resolve quickly.
In very rare instances we’re seeing that our servers aren’t correctly registering hitmarkers. While hard to reproduce (thank you to everyone for sending in clips and screenshots), we’re actively working hard to identify what could be causing this issue, and to develop fixes.
We’re also seeing that on rare occasions that you’re unable to spawn on the server with your intended loadout. We believe we’ve discovered the issue and it will be fixed in our Update #2 on November 25.
Following the fixes that we’ve already released, we’re seeing significantly reduced instances of this, but please help to report any encounters you have with this problem. As a precaution, we have added a new safety feature in our next update which ensures you’ll always directly respawn after 30 seconds have elapsed.
We are also continuing to investigate servers for Breakthrough specifically. We monitor for these servers live, and work to shut them down where we see them spin up incorrectly and don’t engage the start of round flow properly.
Hardware - On console, we have tracked and worked with Microsoft to ensure that a critical system update was rolled out to prevent instances of the system performing a power cycle during gameplay. This update went live for Xbox Series X/S players last Thursday, and became a mandatory system update this week. We’re confident that this has resolved this issue, and are continuing to monitor for any further issues on that front.
For all of you playing on PCs, we want to acknowledge that many of you are finding that performance of the game is presently CPU bound, and not enough of you who are fortunate enough to enjoy high end GPUs and CPUs are seeing the benefit of consistent, high frame rates. Identifying engine level optimisations and developing solutions will require a lengthier response time from us so that it gets done right. Short term, we’ll be doing all we can to help offer performance improvements that reduce the load, and up your frame rates where possible. We’ll keep you updated on our work through our Battlefield channels.
Gunplay and Balance
Satisfying gunplay is at the core of Battlefield, and there are a few aspects of this we want to help address upfront.
Shortly after launch, many of you who play on PC helped to highlight an odd inconsistency with the behaviour of aiming, relative to your mouse sensitivity settings. We have done a great deal of investigation around this and have been able to validate that some settings are not properly applying. We have developed a fix for this and we’re targeting the third upcoming Update for this.
On console, we’ve been performing similar investigations around the consistency of Aim Assist. We’re aware of the issues that you’ve helped to raise on this front, and wanted to volunteer that it’s not consistently behaving in line with our designs. We’re on it, and will keep you updated.
More generally, we also wanted to provide you with an update, and response around the various gunplay conversations that we’ve seen take place since the game went live.
Spread (or as some may call it, ‘bloom’ or ‘deviation’) is a term you may have come across if you’ve engaged with this conversation. It refers to the angle by which your bullet may deviate from where you are currently aiming at. We have observed that on many weapons, predominantly on Assault Rifles like the AK-24, the spread tends to be too high, especially when moving while zoomed which causes problematic engagements in the average combat distances of our maps. Weapons miss more often than they really should which makes for an unsatisfying experience and can feel unfair when you have done all you could to nicely align your shots. We have made a series of adjustments to many of the weapons that aim to greatly reduce the impact of spread on the shooting experience.
In other words, after those changes, a well lined-up shot will be hitting its target within the designed engagement range of the weapon. These changes will roll out over the upcoming updates:
- Reduced spread globally when zoomed and moving
- Improved stationary zoomed accuracy for many weapons
- Spread now decreases faster and earlier when pacing shots. This means more success with single-fire or short bursts.
- Increased PP-29 vertical recoil to ensure that the weapon does not overperform when engaging outside of its intended combat range
- Fixed an issue where spread would be too high when trying to fire while zoomed right after sprinting for some Portal weapons.
- Reduced effectiveness of the NTW-50 against vehicles.
We have a detailed first look at more of the changes coming more generally in Update 3 listed later in this blog.
On the topic of balance, we’ll always benefit from having live data based on your real world behaviours with the final game. Since the very first day we set the servers live, we’ve been paying close attention to the performance of certain weapons, vehicles, and gadgets to make sure that they were behaving in line with our designs. Naturally your progression, map knowledge acquisition, and understanding of our rock paper scissors evolves over time, and helps to show the best possible picture of what’s performing as expected, and what’s operating as outliers.
You’ve seen us behave reactively around this area. In Battlefield 2042, we have more options to us than previous titles. We’re able to take things out of the game without requiring a game update, make some changes, and reintroduce it.
Our current focus is also around the behaviour of vehicles. Since the game went live, we saw the Hovercraft become a fan favorite given its high durability and effectiveness in combat. We designed this vehicle to behave as an alternative to the LATV4, but not as an upgrade. In Thursday’s Update #2, we have balanced the health of this vehicle to bring it more in line with its design, and made sure that its weaponry is appropriately effective.
We’ve also performed a similar review of the Nightbird’s 20mm Cannons which were generating excessive splash damage. This will be adjusted in Update #2, and we’re continuing to monitor the behaviour of Vehicle Unlocks in case it's observed that we need to make further changes.
Solo/Co-Op and Custom Portal Experience Progression
We designed Battlefield 2042 to enable players to progress uniformly across the experience. Shortly after the release of the game, we observed a significant imbalance in the earn rates for experience (XP), particularly in Battlefield Portal where players created servers designed specifically to farm XP. Unfortunately, the limiters we had put in place were not working as intended. In order to maintain balance across the game, we temporarily disabled progression across Solo, Co-Op, and in Custom Portal Experiences.
This past weekend we were able to reintroduce those caps and developed smarter XP and progression caps that have allowed us to re-enable XP earned via Portal Custom Experiences.
We will continue to monitor for XP Farm Servers and take appropriate actions to remove them from the pool when needed.
The above are the issues that you’ve helped to highlight to us as most impactful to your experience whilst playing the game. We’re tracking all of our known issues over on the Battlefield Forums, and we’re grateful that you’re taking the time to share your feedback with us.
What’s being addressed in our next two updates?
On Thursday, we’re releasing Update #2. As shared last week via Battlefield Direct Communication on Twitter, we’re making the following changes:
- Improved Soldier Revives, addressing ‘unable to revive when a Soldier dies close to an object, or wall’.
- A respawn protection system that will help to prevent any extraneous issues that can leave a player in a downed state for too long, and force a manual respawn when required.
- Re-enabling our UAV-1 Interaction in Battlefield Portal, available on our Battlefield Bad Company 2 maps. It was overpowered, and we’ve made adjustments to account for that.
- Vehicle Balancing for the LCAA Hovercraft and MD540 Nightbird mentioned above.
- Dispersion has been reduced for all weapons except Shotguns, which results in more consistent bullet spread during gameplay.
There are a handful more critical changes that we’re making alongside this update, which we’ll detail in full in our Update Notes on November 24.
With Update #3 arriving early December, we’ll be delivering our biggest update since launch, with significantly more fixes, changes, and more importantly, Quality of Life enhancements due to arrive in the game. Here’s just a snapshot of what you should expect to see within it:
Fixes, Changes and Improvements
- Improved the collection screens making them easier to use and clear as to what you’re interacting with
- Improved the ways in which you’re able to manage your attachments via the collection screen to reduce the number of interactions you need to have when building your loadouts
- Enhancements to our Player Card screen and End of Round (EOR) to provide additional polish
- Added new markers to make your newly unlocked items easier to find
- Improved screen transitions when entering and returning to the Main Menu
- Improved Report a Player flows, specifically around toxicity and cheating reports
Matchmaking & Friends
- Improved the experience between EOR and the Main Menu
- Improved Matchmaking reliability and reduced instances of Matchmaking failed
- Improved Crossplay invite flows
- Fixed Rich presence update issues, ensuring that your friends are better able to track where you are in Game
- Addressed servers getting stuck in unresponsive game states, where rounds fail to properly start
- Fixes to Friend Invitations for players on PC
Progression and Unlocks
- Introduction of weekly missions, providing set challenges that reward cosmetic unlocks.
- Added 1st match bonus of 1000 HZC for HZ
- Fixed an issue that was not properly awarding XP for Angel resupplies
- Improved overall XP/Rank tracking and reliability
- Improved Mastery rank tracking
- Improved reliability of Player card tracking
- Addressed a variety of visual flickering and stuttering issues
- Improvements to water rendering when Aiming Down Sight (ADS)
- Addressed multiple graphical issues affecting water reflections
- Fixed reflections in Kaleidoscope for late-joining players
- Addressed issue with character rendering for late joiners
- Improvements to artifacts affecting DLSS implementation
- Over 150 individual fixes, small changes, and improvements across all of our Maps
- Improved level geometry issues across all levels addressing issues such players getting snagged or trapped
- Resolved multiple spawning issues
- Visual glitches such as lens flare, visible seams in skydome
- Resolved a large number of collision and placement issues
- Addressed issues affecting local audio placement in multiple Maps
- Builder additions
- Rush game mode layouts for all 2042 All-Out Warfare maps (through Portal)
- New official Vehicle Team Deathmatch template
- New official Team & FFA Gun Master templates
- New official Infection template
- Rules Editor - Added the ability to detect what players were killed with in order to apply additional logic
- UX Improvements
- Added Server Info for the Pause screen
- Added support for server admins to write periodic server messages
- Added support for reporting a server from the pause menu
- A series of visual, audio, and gameplay improvements to weapons, vehicles, and gadgets
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Improvements to visual presentation of Hazard Zone currency system in Front End
- Added an animation and audio cue when the player's Remaining Balance changes in the Hazard Zone lobby
- Modified Squad and Player Screen in Hazard Zone to only show your squad
- Modified Scoreboard to no longer show players connected in Hazard Zone to elevate tension experienced
- Improved extraction zone smoke visibility
- Added additional flares to extraction point offering players better visibility of extraction area, as well as providing additional cover
- Added variation in Hazard Zone to preplaced intel locations. Initial Data Capsules now have a chance to contain several data drives
- Resolved an issue with persistent scoring in Hazard Zone
- Improvements to the Intel Scanner’s accuracy and enemy identification
- Resolved an issue where two teams could extract simultaneously in Hazard Zone
- Resolved inconsistency in warning to alert players that they’re being scanned in Hazard Zone
- Resolved capacity issues with intel collection in Hazard Zone
- Made it easier to interact with intel pick-ups
- Added distance read-out for next extraction point in Hazard Zone
- Improved Hazard Zone end-of-round camera placement
- Tuned information spamming in Conquest, reducing the amount of messages that appear in the world log. In particular we reduced messages about flag state changes so that they’re not as distracting
- Tuned capture times for Breakthrough
- Improved out of bounds defender spawning in Breakthrough to ensure that you’re able to more consistently spawn in safety
- Improvements to Breakthrough’s UI to enable you to better track round progress in the form of a Game Mode Widget.
- The Game Mode Widget is also visible inside the Scoreboard (displaying only when playing Breakthrough, and also on Rush) to put emphasis on sectors and attackers reinforcements
- Elapsed time is now added and trackable in both the Scoreboard & Deploy Screen.
- Added a pulsating effect on the Team 1 (attacker) score and progress bar when their tickets are =< 25% of their initial tickets. This is also present in the GMW in the HUD, Scoreboard and Deploy Screen for both Rush and Breakthrough
- A fix for missing loadouts, sometimes seen when first loading into a server and seeing blank boxes on the deploy screen
- Modified Recent Players screen to include everyone from previous match to allow for easier user reporting
- Improved interaction point system. Switched the default "INTERACT" text on multiple interactions to reflect the action you are about to do, i.e. "OPEN CONTAINER", "CALL ELEVATOR" etc.
- Kaleidoscope server room lighting issue resolved
- Resolved an issue related to the velocity / trajectory while spawning in jets
- Improved helicopter animation in level fly-bys during insertion
- Improvements to address an issue where players killed in vehicles would fall beneath level geometry
- Improvements to streaming assets in deploy screen presentation
Dynamic World Improvements
- Addressed issues for VFX affecting late-joiners
- Made improvements to correctly align the bridge behavior on Kaleidoscope for late joiners to the match
- Made improvements to correctly align the destructive silos state for late joiners in Renewal and Orbital
- Improved interaction of SG-36 Sentry Gun and elevators
- Quality of Life fixes and improvements to interact prompts
- Tornado and smoke visual effect improvements
- Resolved a large number of collision issues with large scale animation events
- Improved location-based sandstorm audio experience
- Improvements to destruction audio
- Adjusted the timing for automatic doors
- Fixed issue where missile countermeasures sometimes didn’t work, causing missiles to not blow up and instead reacquire the same target
- Made exit position from vehicles more consistent
- Made improvements to controller vibration for vehicles
- Fixed an issue where the Nightbird’s rockets hitting the ground can appear frozen
- Fixed an issue where a player driving the Hovercraft can not be shot through the front window
- Added an option to have vehicle boost as toggle or hold
- Fixed an issue where vehicles took double damage when getting hit through glass
- Improved TOW Missile Projectiles flying behavior
- Balanced Nightbird minigun spread buildup and convergence
- Removed blast impulse on Attack Helicopters Anti Vehicle Rocket which caused nudging of vehicles on hit
- Fixed the F-35E Panther repair system ability missing from customisation
- Fixed instances where vehicles sometimes would become stuck on world geometry
- Gadgets no longer pause their cooldown when the player enters a vehicle
- Fixed an issue when a player dies in a vehicle which allowed for the camera to go underground
- Reduced spread globally when zoomed and moving
- Improved stationary zoomed accuracy for many weapons
- Spread now decreases faster and earlier when pacing shots. This means more success with single-fire or short bursts
- Increased PP-29 vertical recoil to ensure that the weapon does not overperform when engaging outside of its intended combat range
- Fixed an issue where spread would be too high when trying to fire while zoomed right after sprinting for some Portal weapons
- Reduced effectiveness of the NTW-50 against vehicles
- Fixed the 8X Scope having a faster ADS time than the others
- Fixed M44 revolver chambering an extra bullet
- Fixed an issue where soldier is unable to shoot after getting hacked while in a vehicle
- Reduced switch back to weapon delay after throwing grenade
- Added a UI list that shows nearby players that can revive you within 50m when downed
- Added a UI list that shows incoming revivers when downed and pinged by a player that intends to revive you
- When low on ammo or health, nearby friendly players within 50m will now show a resource icon above their head indicating that they can provide you with health or ammo
- Increased Big Map Resolution for improved navigation
- Added health bars on enemy vehicles and enemy soldiers when looked at
- All player world icons now scale over distance, making them smaller when far away in an effort to reduce icons cluttering the screen
- Time before revive completion is now visible for the downed player when being revived
- Fixed an issue where friendly player icons would sometimes not be hidden when behind walls causing a lot of icons to be constantly visible on screen.
- Fixed an issue where friendly soldiers are missing their blue UI icons when a player is in a downed state
- Fixed an issue where some player names don't show when looking at multiple Soldiers/Vehicles that are next to each other
- Changed the visibility behavior of the fire mode icon in the HUD. By default, the fire mode icon is now visible if it is currently possible to change fire-mode. The behavior can be changed to allow the fire mode icon to always be visible (even if it’s not possible to change fire mode) or turned off. The option is called “Fire Mode Indicator” under “HUD” Options
- Added an option that allows for the disabling of the button prompts visible in the HUD
- Added message about which player healed you when getting healed by other players
- Added message about which player shared ammo when getting ammo from other players
- Fixed an issue where IFF markers on Squad Members do not change with colorblind option
- Improved visibility of IFF marks over distances
- Fixed an issue where IFF markers would not be visible when using low video settings
- Fixed issue where Bots sometimes didn’t revive players
- Improved Bots helicopter handling
- Improved Bots combat behaviors
- Improved Bots gamemode behaviors
- Improved reliability of various ability sounds when offscreen, such as reiving, SOB-8 Ballistic Shield, flares, wingsuit, vehicle smoke discharges and system repairs
- Switched lock-on warning sound with incoming missile warning sound
- Improved weapon mix for enemies firing at the player
- Generally tweaked content and mix for distant weapons, improving audibility at range
- Preventing warning sounds and transmission sounds from continuing when a vehicle has low health
Sundance Grenade Belt
- Fixed an issue where the Sundance’s Anti-Armor grenade could get stuck circling in air after the targeted vehicle deploys counter-measures or attempt to target another vehicle instead
- Adjusted the behavior of Sundance’s splitter fragment grenades to bounce once before detonating
Angel Loadout Crate
- Players that require armor and can receive it now have a white outline around them to indicate that the magnetism will throw the armor to the outlined player.
- When using the Loadout Crate, players can now scroll if more than 4 loadouts are available
- Visual effects and polish on destruction and despawning of Loadout Crate
- The cooldown for the resupply action on the Loadout Crate is now shared between Loadout Crates
- Added a unique sound when picking up armor
- Player can hold down the specialist ability button to self-apply armour
- Loadout Crate can now no longer be called-in when underneath tall buildings
- Added a hand gesture animation when placing the Loadout Crate
Irish DCS Deployable Cover
- Fixed an issue where the DCS Deployable Cover Minimap Icon was not displayed correctly
- Improved reliability of the DCS Deployable Cover’s deployable placement allowing placement on more angled surfaces
Dozer SOB-8 Ballistic Shield
- Fixed an issue where the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield didn’t block bullets when inside an elevator.
- Fixed an issue where Dozer would not be targeted by Boris's SG-36 Sentry Gun and AI ignoring the user while having a SOB-8 Ballistic Shield equipped.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t enter vehicles while the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield was equipped
- Fixed an issue where reviving is hard to perform while having the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield equipped
- Fixed an issue where killing a player with the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield would also take the victim’s dogtag.
- Fixed an issue where players were flung up in the air after being melee’d by Dozers with his shield equipped
Rao Cyber Warfare Suite
- Added a short grace period for Rao's Cyber Warfare Suite when something occludes the target being hacked. This will help most frequently when trying to hack vehicles that may be driving in front of trees
Paik EMG-X Scanner
- Added a sound effect for the victims being scanned by the EMG-X Scanner
- The EMG-X Scanner should now be able to spot targets above or below Paik.
- Disabled the usage of EMG-X Scanner while inside vehicles
- Fixed the EMG-X Scanner’s “target found” audio effect not working for targets beyond 20m
Casper OV-P Recon Drone
- Fixed an issue where user is unable to deploy the OV-P Recon Drone while in a prone position
- Improved the visibility of Enemy Recon Drones; they now have lights making them easier to see
- Players now switch back to their previous weapon after exiting the OV-P Recon Drone
- Updated OV-P Recon Drone EMP hint message to clarify that firing requires a lock on
- Increased the range of the EMP on the OV-P Recon Drone
- Fixed an issue where Casper’s OV-P Recon Drone is sometimes unable to lock onto enemy targets
- Increased the OV-P Recon Drone’s movement speed
- Increased the OV-P Recon Drone’s hitbox size to make it easier to hit.
- Adjusted the “near drone” spotting distance
- Adjusted size of the spotting area when controlling the drone’s camera view.
Boris SG-36 Sentry Gun
- The SG-36 Sentry Gun will now be destroyed when the owner dies instead of when the owner is downed
- Fixed an issue where Boris’ SG-36 Sentry Gun would not be able to acquire targets that are near a vehicle
- Fixed an issue where the repair tool crosshair was visible in the wingsuit when you entered the wingsuit whilst having the repair tool equipped
- Fixed an issue when undeploying and then deploying the Wingsuit can cause 1p view while flying
Falck S21 Syrette Pistol
- Added Lock On and Lock Off sounds for S21 Syrette Pistol for when a target is designated by the magnetism of the S21 Syrette Pistol
- Players that require health and can receive it now have a white outline around them to indicate that the magnetism will fire at the outlined target.
- Added healing VFX for when you’re being healed by the S21 Syrette Pistol
- Added sound feedback for when being healed by the S21 Syrette Pistol
Mackay Grappling Hook
- Fixed an issue where the Grappling Hook rope got misaligned in front of the gadget after changing FOV settings
- Fixed the vault after the Grappling Hook animation where it could cause camera jerks or provide no animation at all
CG Recoilless M5
- Fixed a bug where the CG Recoilless M5 would not lose its lock on to enemy air vehicles when locked on via SOFLAM Designator and the target deployed countermeasures
- Fixed a bug where the C5 Explosive blast damage was sometimes inconsistent when trying to detonate the C5 Explosive on a moving vehicle
- Fixed an issue where the C5 Explosive server and client positions were not correctly synced
- Adjusted the deploy time of the C5 Explosive and reduced the delay before allowing it to be detonated to improve responsiveness.
- Fixed an issue where the visual SOFLAM Designator UI elements are still present on the screen when switching to other gadgets while zoomed
- Fixed the SOFLAM Designator’s tooltip text being misaligned
- Fixed an issue that caused Mines and other deployables to not trigger sound effects when deployed from inside a vehicle
Medical Crate and Supply Crate
- Fixed issue where the Medical Crate healing cooldown was triggered when at Full HP.
- Adjusted Medical and Supply crates' trajectory to align with the animation of the throw and address jitter
- Improved responsiveness of Medical and Supply crates deployment. It is now possible to throw them a lot quicker after selecting them
- Fixed an issue where the resupply animation would not play when resupplying gadgets from the Supply Crate
- Changed the detonation behavior of the Smoke Grenade; it will now bounce once before detonating
- Fixed an issue where Smoke Grenades could be destroyed by bullets or explosions
- Fixed an issue where the VO was not triggering when an enemy Specialists’ Smoke Grenade has been thrown
- Ensured that the grenade warning icon does not draw under certain elements of the HUD like the minimap
- Fixed an issue where the Repair Tool can repair vehicles while not facing the vehicle.
- Improved the Repair Tool so that it is quicker to equip and put away
- Fixed an issue where picking up an Insertion Beacon would not make any sounds.
- EMP now blocks spawning on Insertion Beacons
- Reduced the delay before the Insertion Beacon is placed after throwing it
FXM-33 AA Missile
- The FXM-33 AA Missile reload sound effect will now appropriately fit the animation of reloading
- Extended the animation of the FXM-33 AA Missile reload
- Fixed an issue where attempting to traversal sprint while swimming resulted in a broken swimming animation.
- Fixed missing weapon deploy animation when transitioning from water to land.
- Adjusted soldier animations when swimming.
- Various visual adjustments and fixes for Specialists
- Fixed issues where the soldier would sometimes not properly follow the ground when sliding
- Fixed an issue where jumping would be buffered if holding jump when trying to stand up from crouch or prone pose
- Reduced occurrences where Specialists can be seen with low quality animations in the distance
- Adjusted the pose of the legs when falling to avoid legs blocking the view
- Addressed issues where players prone on thin surfaces could be seen floating in the air. They will now tend to fall if the surface is not large enough.
- Fixed an issue where it is not possible to look up and down enough while prone on a slope
- Fixed an issue where character hands were not in contact with ladders when FOV was higher than default
- Fixed an issue where you could turn and see your own headless 1P body while on ladders
- Fixed an issue where the user was able to gain velocity by hopping on and off a ladder and hit melee
- Fixed an issue where setting the “Always Traversal Sprint” Option would sometimes not allow the player to traversal sprint with the intended speed
- Adjusted the timing of sound of takedowns on enemies being prone
- Improved the speed in which the weapon switches when watching another player melee attack
- Decreased the range in which you can melee a player
- Fixed visual glitch when blending between ragdoll and settled state in a takedown animation
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes got thrown up in the air while using melee
- You can no longer perform a takedown on a soldier climbing a ladder
- Added a fix that should allow the melee to nudge vehicles to get them to be unstuck.
- Fix for takedowns on enemies lying prone not working from all angles
- Fixed issue where the animation was misaligned while taking down an enemy that is prone on stairs
- Fixed a camera bug for meleeing players while standing on a moving platform
As a team, we are so passionate about evolving the Battlefield 2042 experience for our players and rest assured, this is just the beginning!
We’ll see you soon, No-Pats.