— Battlefield 4 Premium: release calender
Battlefield 4: Naval Strike is the third expansion pack for Battlefield 4. It features naval-focused combat on four island maps in the South China Sea. All watercraft are available in large numbers, with land vehicles being almost entirely absent.
Achievements and Trophies
- Main article: Battlefield 4 Achievements and Trophies
|Image||Name||Criteria||Achievement Points||Trophy Type|
|The Big Leagues||
|Killing Me Softly||
- Along with Dragon's Teeth and Final Stand, the expansion was originally discovered through an unfinished domain on the official Battlefield website the day before it was officially announced.
- It was officially revealed at Electronic Arts' Gamescom 2013 press conference, along with Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth and Battlefield 4: Final Stand.
- All maps of the Naval Strike expansion as well as its release date were revealed on February 13, 2014 on Battlelog.
- Naval Strike was released for free to EA Access members on August 27, 2015, and could be downloaded and kept permanently by members up to September 3, 2015.
- Naval Strike was temporarily made free to all players on July 19, 2016. This was done again in September 2016.
- The expansion's weapons were revealed in a PS3/PS4 update on March 4, 2014.
- The backgrounds of the main menu and Battlelog were changed to reflect the release of the expansion
- The PC edition for Premium members was delayed (to April 4, 2014) due to concerns that the combination of the pack and future updates would increase performance issues on mid-high end PCs
- The Xbox One edition for Premium members was delayed due to an issue in the animation system that hinders players from engaging targets in set circumstances using popular weapon configurations.
- As with Battlefield 3: Armored Kill, the Premium release version was initially unavailable from the in-game store, requiring players to go to their respective platform's store to download it.
- Nansha Strike features a massive easter egg where players can trigger the appearance of a Megaladon. This had been speculated for a long time by the community.
- Alongside Battlefield 1: Apocalypse and Battlefield 4: China Rising, the expansion was released for free to all players between July 31 to August 6, 2018 and August 14 to August 21, 2018 as part of the Road To Battlefield V promotion.