"Experience dynamic ocean combat."
— Naval Strike page
Battlefield 4: Naval Strike is the third expansion pack for Battlefield 4.
- The day before Naval Strike had been officially announced, it was accidentally leaked through an unfinished domain on the official Battlefield website.
- It was officially revealed at Electronic Arts' Gamescom 2013 press conference, along with Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth and Battlefield 4: Final Stand.
- All maps of the Naval Strike as well as its release date were revealed on February 13, 2014 on Battlelog. 
- More information was released on Battlelog 
- The expansion's weapons were revealed in a PS3/PS4 update on March 4, 2014.
- The background of the main menu was changed to reflect the release of the expansion
- The PC edition for Premium members was delayed (to April 4, 2014) due to concerns that the combination of the pack and future updates would increase performance issues on mid-high end PCs
- The Xbox One edition for Premium members was delayed due to an issue in the animation system that hinders players from engaging targets in set circumstances using popular weapon configurations.
- As with Battlefield 3: Armored Kill, it was initially unavailable from the in-game store, requiring players to go to their respective platform's store to get it.