|This article is a stub. It is short and in need of fortification. Why not help out?|
The McMillan CS5 or the "Concealable Subsonic/Supersonic Suppressed Sniper System" is a bolt action Sniper Rifle. It is designed as a compact and concealable precision tactical rifle in urban settings. It is chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge.
The CS5 is a weapon featured in the Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth expansion. It is unlocked upon the completion of the 'I' in Team assignment. The weapon comes equipped with a Rifle Scope and its speciality CS5 Suppressor by default.
While the CS5 lacks in range and velocity, it makes up for this by being the fastest firing bolt-action rifle, tied with the M40A5. It also has the best mobility of all sniper rifles and coming with a suppressor by default. Coupled with the fact that it also suffers very little velocity decrease from the use of suppressors, the CS5 is well suited for short range engagements where other sniper rifles would be at a large disadvantage. At longer ranges, it is a poor choice to snipe with due to high damage drop off and significant bullet drop, and thus is better suited to close to medium range engagements.
- The CS5 was first discovered in the game files after a patch was released for the Community Test Environment on PC.
- The CS5 shares its model and reload animation with the McMillan CS5 of Medal of Honor: Warfighter, as DICE had collaborated with Danger Close Games for the game's development.
- The CS5 is one of two weapons in the game to have a unique attachment, the other being the F2000.
- Suppressed CS5 has the lowest bullet velocity in its class, only 300 meters per second, same as AS Val .
- It is the only Sniper Rifle that has a scope attached in its artwork.
- It is the only sniper rifle with a default 75 meter zero instead of the typical 100 meters zero.