— Matkovic, after waking up at the start of Rock and a Hard Place.
Matkovic is a US Marine Explosive Ordnance Disposal technician attached to Misfit 1-3. He is seen in the game following orders from Misfit Actual, or Captain Quinton Cole, assisting him in squad missions, and briefly assisting Staff Sergeant Henry Blackburn in some missions.
Christian Matkovic's personality is referred by David Montes during Operation Swordbreaker to be like a "boy scout". He is a strategist and tactician of the squad in some scenarios: he formed the idea of crossing two buildings with a plank, and using an M136 AT4 to take out an enemy sniper in a distant building. He also seems to be laid back, falling asleep in the truck on the way to assaulting Amir Kaffarov's villa.
- Matkovic is always seen with an AT4 Rocket Launcher on his back, and even though the AT4 is needed in some stages of the campaign, he never uses it himself. In one instance, he passes the AT4 to Blackburn while trying to eliminate an enemy sniper in the mission, Operation Swordbreaker.
- In the mission, Night Shift, Matkovic is seen with an M240B machine gun, wearing a MARPAT uniform, and sunglasses. This is the only mission where Matkovic had a different appearance.
- Matkovic wears MultiCam or "Paratrooper" from Multiplayer (rather than MARPAT) patterned fatigues. In the Fault Line Gameplay Trailer, however, Matkovic is wearing MARPAT.
- Matkovic wears Mechanix M-Pact 2 Heavy Duty gloves from 2005. For whatever reason, the markings on them have been changed. Instead of "M" for "Mechanix", there is "TT", and instead of "M-Pact 2" there is "STƆAT - "TACTS" backwards, with all letters except the S mirrored.
- Matkovic's voice actor, William Meredith, returns in Battlefield 4 as a radio voice in multiplayer. He can only be heard when receiving news, never as the player's outgoing voice.
- Matkovic and Blackburn were most likely friends