|This article is a stub. It is short and in need of expansion. Why not help out?|
— Battlefield Blog
Classic is a mode featured in Battlefield 4, introduced in the Fall 2014 update. The mode changes the in-game rules in a manner similar to Hardcore, allowing players to experience gameplay similar to older games such as Battlefield 2.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- 3D spotting is disabled: spotting does not display a red triangle above enemies. Spotted enemies are only marked on the minimap.
- Players are not revealed on the map when firing their weapon.
- No health regeneration. Players must use a Medkit or First Aid Pack to regain health.
- No vehicle armor regeneration.
- Team killing (friendly fire) is enabled.
- Spawn only on squad leader or friendly spawn point (control point, transport vehicle, or spawn beacon).
- When reloading, the magazine is dropped and any remaining ammo in it is lost.
- Third-person vehicle view is disabled.
- Killcam is disabled. (Kill card is still shown.)