A Longsword is a type of sword that is characterized as having a cruciform hilt with a grip for two-handed use, a straight double-edged blade of around 85 to 110 cm, and weighing approximately 1 to 1.5 kg.
The term "longsword" is ambiguous, and refers to the "bastard sword" only where the late medieval to Renaissance context is implied. "Longsword" in other contexts has been used to refer to Bronze Age swords, Migration period and Viking swords as well as the early modern dueling sword.
Contemporary use of "longsword" only resurfaced in the 2000s in the context of reconstruction of the German school of fencing, translating the German langes schwert. Prior to this the term "long sword" merely referred to any sword with a long blade; 'long' being simply an adjective rather than a classification
|This section is a stub. It is short and in need of expansion. Why not improve this section?|
— In-game Description
Two variants of a longsword are featured in Battlefield Heroes, Ice and Lion's Tooth for the Royal and National Army respectively. They were both added in in the Knights bundle on June 13, 2012. Unlike other melee weapons, both longswords are slow to swing but inflict massive damage against enemies if struck.
The Inquisition Sword is a weapon featured in Battlefield Hardline and introduced in the Betrayal expansion. Functioning as a heavy blunt weapon like the Machete, the sword has a long swing up time but kills in one hit.
The weapon has three variants, all of which function identically and only differ visually:
- Standard - Unlocked for $15,000
- Gold - Unlocked by completing the "Sword & Board Syndicate" assignment
- Red - Unlocked by completing the "Blood Broadsword Syndicate" assignment which first requires the completion of the "Sword & Board Syndicate" assignment
|Image||Name||Criteria||Achievement Points||Trophy Type|
|Bio-Beware!||Kill 50 enemies with Inquisition Swords||25G||Silver|
- Both weapons are a reference to swords from "Game of Thrones" and the book Series "A Song of Ice and Fire". Ice is the name to Eddard Stark's sword while Lion's Tooth is the name of Joffery Lannister's sword.
- The Inquisition Sword is modeled after the Inquisition Longsword featured in another EA title, Dragon Age: Inquisition.
- The trophy "Bio-Beware!" is a play on the name of the game studio BioWare which is the studio that developed the Dragon Age and Mass Effect game franchises.