The Colt M1911 is a semi-automatic, magazine-fed, single-action .45 caliber handgun. John Browning sold the original design to Colt, when it became the standard-issue side arm for the United States Armed Forces from 1911 to 1985. The original M1911 was adopted in 1911, an updated version known as the M1911A1 was adopted in 1924.
Modernized variants of the M1911 are still carried by some US special forces units today, although it was largely phased out in favor of the M9 pistol. It fires the .45 ACP round, which causes more tissue disruption than the 9×19mm Parabellum, but has more recoil and has lower ammunition capacity when compared to similarly sized 9mm handguns.
The M1911 appears in all installments except Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield: Bad Company, and Battlefield Online. In Battlefield 2042, it only appears in the Battlefield Portal.
- Colt (Battlefield 1942)
- M1911 (Battlefield Vietnam)
- Carl's Cold Comfort, Garreth Custom, Harry's Hand Cannon (Battlefield Heroes)
- M1911 (Battlefield 1943)
- WWII M1911 .45 (Battlefield: Bad Company 2), M1911 (Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam)
- M1911, Veteran's, Elite's (Battlefield Play4Free)
- M1911, TACT, SUPP, S-TAC (Battlefield 3)
- M1911 (Battlefield 4)
- M1911A1 (Battlefield Hardline)
- M1911, Extended, M1911A1 (Battlefield 1)
- M1911, Suppressed (Battlefield V)
- M1911 (Battlefield Portal)