North Vietnam, officially the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (DRV), is a faction featured in Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam. North Vietnam was a communist state that occupied the Northern half of the actual Vietnam.
After the Japanese surrender from the French colony in 1945, the DRV proclaimed itself in Hanoi, its new capital with Ho Chi Minh as their leader. The French accepted the new administration, but soon realising the communist regime, known as the Việt Minh, declared war against the DRV and administrated the colony until the Việt Minh was victorious in 1954.
Soon after, the Việt Minh set their eyes South and attacked the Republic of Vietnam in the hopes to unify the Vietnamese people after nearly 100 years of foreign occupation, starting the Vietnam War, supported by the Soviet Union and the People's Republic of China to the North Vietnam.
The South was thus supported by the United States of America immediately thereafter, and although having won most of the battles in the conflict, the Americans had to pull out because of dissent at home.
Afterwards, the South was losing the war and signed a peace treaty in 1973, but soon the North broke it and conquered the South Vietnamese capital of Saigon on April 30, 1975. After that, the two states merged forming the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- 1 Armed Forces
- 2 Battlefield Vietnam
- 3 Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam
- 4 Equipment
Armed Forces[edit | edit source]
Military Branches[edit | edit source]
|The North Vietnamese Army, or the People's Army of Vietnam, were the armed forces of North Vietnam from the French-Indochina war in 1946 until the end of the Vietnam War in 1975. After the reunification of Vietnam, it became officially known as the Vietnam People's Army.|
Battlefield Vietnam[edit | edit source]
Engagements against the VNAF[edit | edit source]
Engagements against the ARVN[edit | edit source]
- Hue - 1968: 6th N.V.A. Regiment vs. 1st ARVN Division
- Quang Tri - 1968: 812th N.V.A. Regiment vs. 1st ARVN Division
- Reclaiming Hue: 6th N.V.A. Regiment vs. 2nd Battalion, 3rd Regiment ARVN Rangers
- Quang Tri - 1972: 101st Regiment vs. 258th ARVN Marine Brigade "The Divine Hawks"
- Fall of Saigon: Unidentified NVA Forces vs. 1st ARVN Division
Engagements against the US Army[edit | edit source]
- The Ia Drang Valley: 66th N.V.A. Regiment vs. 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry
- Landing Zone Albany: 33rd N.V.A. Regiment vs. 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry
Engagements against the USMC[edit | edit source]
- Operation Hastings: 5th Battalion, 812th Regiment vs. 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines
- Siege of Khe Sahn: NVA 325th C Division vs. 26th Marines
- Defense of Con Thien: NVA 325th C Division vs. 26th Marines
Engagements against the MACV[edit | edit source]
Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam[edit | edit source]