Pins are awards featured in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Pins award additional experience points and are obtained by the completion of specific tasks.
As with Insignias, Pins are obtained by the completion of specific tasks and award additional experience points. Unlike Insignias, however, Pins can be obtained an unlimited number of times.
Pins obtained in a round are displayed in the post-game screen and shown on player's personal stats in the game menu or on the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Site.
Pins are divided into five categories:
- Weapons Pins: obtained for getting the required number of kills in a round with a certain category of guns.
- Combat Pins: obtained for doing a wide range of special actions.
- Vehicle Pins: obtained for getting kills with vehicles.
- Gametype Pins: gained when winning a round or playing for the objectives.
- Operations Pins: obtained for doing teamwork actions.
*' Only achievable after purchase of SPECACT DLC and in the base game of Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
- Pins and insignias experience is counted separately from combat experience.
- Four service insignias require the unlock of certain pins.
- When a player that has not yet reached Rank 1 earns a pin, it is not shown on the top of the screen.