|This article is a stub. It is short and in need of expansion. Why not help out?|
Sabalan Pipeline (Persian: خط لوله سبلان) is a map featured in the Battlefield 3 expansion pack, End Game. Each of the four new maps in End Game are season-themed, with Sabalan Pipeline taking place at an oil refinery near Sabalan, a mountain in northwestern Iran, during winter with snow-covered terrain.
"Ever since we demoed the Alborz Mountains map at GamesCom 2012 and saw the amazing fan reactions, we’ve known that snow is one of the most stunning settings we can provide in Battlefield 3. Sabalan Pipeline is no different. The oil pipeline traversing this frosty winter landscape has immense economic value and is a highly contested battlefield.
Similar to Operation Riverside, Sabalan Pipeline was built to cater for a mix of vehicle and infantry gameplay. Compared to the other three maps in End Game, Sabalan Pipeline has fewer and narrower roads that are important to control if you want to dominate the opposition. At the center of this map lies a central base that is also an essential asset, as it allows you extended control over the road leading to and from your main bases. This is equally important whether playing the signature Battlefield Conquest mode or our take on Capture the Flag that we are introducing in End Game."
A is located in the compound with the blue fencing set in the large building containing multiple large wire spools. B is located to the north of A, between four large electricity generators surrounded by fencing.
A is located at the refinery wedged between two large gas containers. B is located on the second floor of the refinery, just around the ladder seen after climbing the set of stairs needed to reach the second floor on the south side.
A and B are both located within the fenced compound just past the refinery; however, A is located in a building housing multiple wire spools on the north end while B is located at the base of the crane on the south end.
Both A and B are set in another fenced in compound located far away from Stage 3. A is located to the south sitting between a white shipping container and a stack of white bricks while B, in the middle of the compound, is located to the right side of the white and blue flat-bed truck near the concrete barrier encircled 9M133 Kornet.
- The map shares many textures with Operation Firestorm.
- Sabalan Pipeline is the smallest map in the End Game expansion pack.
- In a wooden shed near the forked road to the west of Flag A, three snowmen with military helmets can be found inside. They can be destroyed by explosives.
- There is also a snowman in the cab of the crane on objective B during conquest. When destroyed with explosives, it makes a noise similar to the gnomes on Alborz Mountain.
- There is a crashed C-130 Hercules with French Air Force roundels on the runway next to the RU deployment. This is probably because the roundels used were mistaken for US roundels.
- On the map is a easter egg. Near a collections of silos are two toppled fences, the fences are not destroyed by the player but has been previously knocked over. Near the fences, in the snow is a trail of dinosaur footsteps leading up the mountain and out of bounds, as one nears the out of bounds mark a dinosaur roar is heard.