Really? Why does this page even exist, we dont have any info at all.
I don't want to be rude but you need to do some research first before posting something like that okayDan67 15:12, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
Well DeathGod, the fact taht it was created before any news whatsoever puts the entire integrity of the page in doubt. Deniedoperative 05:38, March 30, 2012 (UTC)
Apparently, it's real
I hope EA wont doom BF4, they really need to give DICE some time, to make it better and with less bugs.
you need to add that BF4 will be set in china also
if you look at the small orange picture next to the mans head in the BF4 art work you can see the shanghai world finance center and the Jin Mao tower aswell as the radio/tv building in shanghai with the circular compartments.
That information is still unconfirmed, even though it is strongly hinted that a Chinese faction / locations will be included. The page will be updated as soon as the info is confirmed.05:38, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
Speculation, Speculation, Specualtion!
I have serious concerns regarding the amount of speculation here. We can use emperical evidence to say that certain vehicles will apear in the game, but in no universe can we say that the F-22 or F-35B will appear because it's logical. That is speculation, wiki articles are no place for specualtion or opinion. That belongs here, in the talk page.
So, stop speculating, it's not the place to do so. This is a wiki, not a forum. People are going to take this article as fact, and we need to stop speculation as far as evidence goes. If there's a picture of a gun, or vehicle, then we can mention it. But we can't say that because we've seen the J-20, the F-22 must be the US's jet.
No, just, no!
- You know, speculation is disallowed according to our wiki's policies. Юра 19:41, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
It is in no where, part of the policy on http://www.wikia.com/Terms_of_Use that we must not speculate. Yes, it is not a fact, it is possible as was stated when the article was edited
- You really shouldn't be trying to 'educate' one of the admins here. I know much better than you what this wiki does and does not allow, especially since I've been here for three years. I don't give a shit what you do elsewhere, but while you're here you follow OUR rules. Юра 22:42, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
Here you go:
I've been simply misinterpreted.
I'm not trying to educate the admins. I am trying to educate the hoi poloi who do not know that speculation is not allowed on the wiki. I know many wikis and edit and participate in their enrichment of knowledge.
Let it be known by all that truth is the one comodity here that is valued, not speculation.
- I wasn't talking to you. Юра 21:21, March 27, 2013 (UTC)
I believe the Trivia section talking about how the characters are most likely Marines is wrong.
I disagree with the post on the Trivia section for Battlefield 4 about the characters being Force Recon Marines. 1) The Marines in BF3 were Force Recon Marines. 2) It is possible that the charater wearing "MARPAT" is actually wearing AOR1. (Which is not exlusively used by the US Navy Seals) 3) Staff Sergeant isn't a rank in the US Navy but is in the US Army,USMC, and US Airforce. So that is blantantly incorrect. 5) Just because there is a Venom does not make them part of the Navy. It is only the prologue mission and they are trying to leave that area, as said in the gameplay. It is quite possible that the US Navy was on stand-by and came to extract them. The Army has done the same things with Marines, especially if someone is wounded. You can look up loads of US Army Air Ambulances (UH-60 Black Hawks) assisting and evacing Marines in Afghanistan and many other areas. Thus, I do not believe this should be in the trivia section. Matthew1945 (talk) 19:34, March 28, 2013 (UTC)
I said that it is most likely that they are army, and that this would be the first main series BF to focus on the army in the SP. But a "contributer" removed that...
- That's a lie. Юра 00:43, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
I would agree with you on that one. Or they might be a Joint Task Force of US Soldiers and US Marines. (Special forces of course, not regular military.) I can see how my post especially around the part about the Venom sounds like I'm enraged. (lol) I'm not mad, but I do agree that the person who posted about them most likely being Marines is far from right. He does make a few good points but some of his info is just pure wrong. Matthew1945 (talk) 20:24, March 28, 2013 (UTC)
There are some theories we haven't looked at yet. SEALs are out of the question leaving the USMC and Army as candidates.
They could be paratroopers, both the Army and USMC have them, and they are elite in their own sence.
What about 101st Airborne Division of the USAF? They use infantry ranks, don't they?
As for the Venom? Cross-Department operations. The Fairchild Republic Thunderbolt II A10-A is operated by the USAF, yet they both support the Army and USMC. Same with the AC-130 Spooky and the C-130 Hercules, USAF operates them, but provides for either USMC, Army or Airborne.
FYI, heads-up, w/e, until the game is out or somebody can actually definitely confirm all the little details (i.e, without using circumstantial evidence), all conjecture should simply be omitted. Юра 00:43, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
- By all means, feel free. Just leave it off of the mainspace. Юра 23:32, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
SUP YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GUESS WHOSE BACK BITCHES!!!!! About this whole section on your little stupid page for dumbasses like you to congregate for discussion, you stupid fucks think that I'm wrong about the characters being Marines. Guess what, FUCK YOU ALL IM FUCKING RIGHT!!!!!!! As for you fudge-packing nerf herding cocksuckers Matthew1945 and Vaska00762 and Lucan07 (or whatever retarded username it is) "YOU MAD BRO YOLO!!
By the way, "Protected "Battlefield 4": Preempting the inevitable increase in vandalism that's sure to plague this page in the future." MY FUCKING ASS YOU TARDSHITS!!!!!!!!
- Go away and never come back. Юра 05:23, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, lol. That is different. I have nothing against the Marines by the way. Anyway, I am currently watching the "GamerSpawn analysis of the gameplay and I'll link it but at the very beginning according to the video the M16 Recker is holding says "US Army" on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktd4Prrkw-Q So, the Army very well might be in the game. Matthew1945 (talk) 18:08, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
- I might like to mention, that after research, that SEALs are possible. Marines who have been selected and fully transferred to serve in the SEALs have special ranks. E.g. a staff sargent would recieve the the rank "Staff Sargent Acting Chief Petty Officer". The acting bit means that they still keep their Marine rank, but recieve a Naval rank too. This system is used in both the US and UK armed forces.