|This article is a stub. It is short and in need of expansion. Why not help out?|
The subject of this article is a recent or unreleased addition to a Battlefield game. It may contain speculation or errors.
Have new, relevant information to add? Why not help out?
Editors must cite all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.
Tides of War is a new content system introduced in Battlefield V. Unlike past installments, the Premium Pass will not be offered nor will players be charged for additional content. The system will see the release of periodic events that will tell an overarching narrative. This will be done through the release of new maps and gamemodes.
Chapter One: OvertureEdit
Overture is the first chapter of the Tides of War service. It serves as an introduction to both the overall system of time-sensitive content drops, chapter ranking and rewards, but also to new or modified gameplay mechanics related to combat, soldier classes and vehicles.
- The Last Tiger - Singleplayer war story following a disillusioned Tiger tank crew in the final months of World War II.
- Practice Range - Based on the Hamada map, this training environment contains trials to improve shooting, driving and flying.
Chapter Two: Lightning StrikesEdit
Taking place between January and March 2019, the chapter includes:
- Combined Arms - Initial introduction of the co-op gamemode
- Rush - Return of Rush multiplayer gamemode in a revised form, using Bombs instead of M-COMs or Telegraphs. This mode will only available during this chapter.
- Squad Conquest - Introduction of 16 player multiplayer version of Conquest.
Chapter Three: Trial By FireEdit
The third chapter of Tides of War involves combat in the Greek theatre of operations, which lasted from October 1940 to June 1941.
Taking place from Spring 2019, the chapter includes:
- Firestorm - Battlefield's anticipated take on Battle Royale
- Greece Map - New multiplayer map set on the Greek island of Crete
- The First Chapter, originally known as "Fall of Europe", was changed due to the release date delay for base game which affected the post-launch content plan. This cut chapter's assignment roadmap and names for each week (from October 22nd to November 12th) were seen in the Tides of War Dev Talk video.
- The first chapter, Overture was originally slated for release on December 4th, 2018. Due to an unforseen bug however, it was delayed to December 5th.