A Tracer Dart Gun is an air gun that fires a radio transponder dart, allowing its user to remotely trace the location of the dart's target.
- 1 Battlefield: Bad Company
- 2 Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- 3 Battlefield Play4Free
- 4 Battlefield Hardline
- 5 Battlefield 2042
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
Battlefield: Bad Company
The TRCR-357 is a gadget issued to the Specialist kit in Battlefield: Bad Company. It is designed to fire transponders at vehicles in order to maintain an effective line-of-sight to the affected vehicle, as well as guide rocket projectiles toward it.
Those who placed a tracer dart will get a Tracer Dart Assist (+3 points), every time the affected vehicle is hit with a projectile. Two of these assists will award the "Tracer Dart Efficiency Trophy".
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
— In-game description
The Tracer Dart is an all kit gadget, occupying the handgun slot, featured in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Its use is largely unchanged from the previous installment, only being slightly different in appearance. The gadget is unlocked at level 11, or with immediately to those who own Limited and Ultimate editions of the game.
The Tracer Dart features a slight bullet drop and travel time though this only applies at longer distances, requiring users to aim and fire projectiles slightly above targets. Upon successfully tracing a target, players may then lock on to it with a shoulder-fired rocket or AT Launchers. To achieve a successful lock on a target, players must also aim slightly above it as the launchers also feature bullet drop.
Tracers can be removed from tagged vehicles by using the Smoke Countermeasures Package.
The Tracer Dart Gun is a gadget featured in Battlefield Play4Free, coming pre-unlocked for all kits. Essentially unchanged from previous installments, it allows players to tag enemy vehicles for all teammates to see. The gadget featured unlimited ammunition and is the secondary weapon for the gunner in Attack Helicopters. The gadget is also capable of one point of damage per hit to body parts and can kill low health enemy infantry with headshots. Vehicle countermeasures such as smoke, smoke grenades, or flares will remove a tracer dart from the vehicle.
An update on May 31st, 2011 increased the experience points to +10 for each successful hit with the dart.
The Tracking Dart is a redesigned Tracer Dart Gun featured in Battlefield Hardline. The gadget is available for all kits and takes up the Handgun slot.
The Tracking Dart is available for all classes to use. Like previous iterations of the weapon, the gun fires a magnetic dart that can stick to vehicles. It can be used on both enemy vehicles and players, which creates a red silhouette on them once struck by a dart, lasting a total of thirty seconds. Afterwards, the silhouette can then be seen by the entire team, even through walls and objects.
Similar to Battlefield Play4Free, the Tracking Dart can be aimed down to sights, with the gadget also given the ability to have a red dot sight equipped. The Tracking Dart features a slight bullet drop that is only noticeable at smaller distances. Upon successfully tracking a target, it may then be locked on to by shoulder-fired missiles and AT launchers. The gadgets effectiveness is extremely reduced compared to previous iterations since missiles are now Battle Pickups.
Despite being ineffective as a weapon against players, the Tracking Dart applies 3% damage to enemy players.
- It is possible to tag enemy infantry with the Tracer Dart, and consequently lock on to them with AT launchers.
- If players shoot a Tracer Dart on someone's head, sometimes the player that has been shot sees the red light of the tracer on his view.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- The speed of the tracer dart was dramatically increased to increase the gadget's use and make hitting targets easier. It is still, however, significantly slower than a bullet.
- The Tracer Dart is the only gadget to take up a weapon slot and not do any damage.
- In the Beta of Bad Company 2, the tracer dart did one point of damage, but without marking a hit.
- Rockets will continue to track a traced vehicle even if the tracer is removed by countermeasures. The rocket will, however, lose its target if the player who launched it is killed.
- The tracer dart has a pistol reload animation in the third-person.
- The Tracking Dart gun's artwork was present in the June Beta files, and was available during the Gamescom 2014 playable demo as a gadget for the Mechanic.
- Hardline's Tracking Dart gun is modeled after the C02 powered JM Special 25 Tranquilizer rifle. The in-game version is heavily modified to be the size of a pistol.