The UMP (German: Universale Maschinenpistole, English: Universal Submachine Gun) is a German submachine gun developed by Heckler & Koch in the 1990s. The UMP is blowback-operated and built from light-weight polymers, having been designed to be cheaper to manufacture than HK's expensive MP5. However, the UMP was also designed to fire pistol calibers larger than the 9x19mm round used by the MP5; the UMP-45 fires the .45 ACP round with a firerate of 600 RPM from straight 25-round magazines. While the UMP was primarily intended for Law Enforcement and security agencies, it has also seen limited usage with some military forces.
The UMP-9 is a lighter variant of the UMP firing 9x19mm Parabellum from 30 round curved magazines.
- UMP .45 (Battlefield 2: Modern Combat)
- UMP (Battlefield: Bad Company)
- UMP-45, UMP-45 SA (Battlefield: Bad Company 2)
- UMP45 (Battlefield Play4Free)
- UMP-45 (Battlefield 3)
- UMP-45 (Battlefield 3: Aftershock)
- UMP-45, UMP-9 (Battlefield 4)
- UMP-45, UMP-9 (Battlefield Hardline)
- In Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline, the entire front sight assembly is removed from both variants of UMP when an Optic attachment is equipped. In Battlefield 3, the front sight assembly is still present when an Optic attachment is equipped.
Bad Company series
- The magazine on the UMP in Battlefield: Bad Company is visibly longer than its counterpart in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 due to the 60 round capacity in the former.
- The UMP-45 always has its magazine loaded even when all the rounds have been expended.