The objective of the gamemode is to capture one or two V2 rockets placed on the map. Similar to Conquest, Rockets are captured by standing in the capture area. Additionally, the more players of a team inside the capture area, the faster rate it will be captured. Each team has a separate countdown timer of either five minutes for one rocket or ten minutes for two rockets. Both timers will being to countdown at the start of the match and will result in a stalemate if no rockets are captured.
Once a team has captured a rocket, the opposing teams timer will slow down or stop entirely depending on how many rockets a map has. Additionally, if two rockets are captured at once, the rate of the countdown for that teams timer will double. The team whose timer reaches zero first will win the match, marked by the launch of the V2 Rocket.
- Midnight Mayhem
- Coastal Clash Day and Night
- Sunset Showdown
- Alpine Assault
- Buccaneer Bay
- Riverside Rush
- V2 Vengeance was available on Buccaneer Bay and Riverside Rush for a limited time due to a mistake in an update. Development of the gamemode on those maps was incomplete, however, and was soon removed shortly after.
- The rocket viewable in each HotH map is based on the V-2 rocket.
- There are wrecks of V2-rockets lying around on Lunar Landing.
- The V2-Rockets may at times start spinning around in loops, instead of flying straight up as they are supposed to.