The Wehrmacht (English: Defense Force) was the unified armed forces of Nazi Germany, combining the Heer (army), the Kriegsmarine (navy) and the Luftwaffe (air force). With German Elite Forces being an unspecified elite force within the Wehrmacht.
|United States Army|
|Free French Forces|
Unlike all other factions, the Wehrmacht uses only indigenous equipment.
The Wehrmacht wear field grey tunics with black Y-harness web gear, which may also includes brown leather ammo pouches and a pistol holster. They have black boots, and wear on their heads the distinctive stahlhelm in dull gray, with an insignia on their left and right side. In general, the faction does not carry backpacks with the exception of the Engineer, as well as the Scout kit, which is equipped with a portable radio.
The Wehrmacht uses exclusively indigenous equipment with the sole exception of their Armored Car, which is Italian.
Vehicle wise, all of Germany's vehicles are painted in a solid dark grey camouflage.
- Tiger I (Heavy Tank)
- Panzer IV (Light Tank)
- Flakpanzer (Mobile AA/SWoWWII)
- CA M11/39 (Armored Car/RtR)
- Sturmgeschütz (Tank Hunter/RtR)
- Wespe (Artillery)
- Sturmtiger (Artillery/SWoWWII)
- Flak 38 (AA Emplacement)
- PAK 40 (Anti-tank emplacement)
- MG42 (Machine gun emplacement)
- Defgun (Coastal Artillery)
- Wasserfall (AA Rocket/SWoWWII)
- Bf 109 (Fighter)
- HO-229 (Fighter/SWoWWII)
- Ju-87 Stuka (Dive Bomber)
- Natter rocket plane (Fighter/SWoWWII)
- Ju-88A (Bomber)
- BF110 (Level Bomber/RtR)
In the Multiplayer, the Wehrmacht is one of the two launch factions; Opposing the British Army in the Western and North African fronts.
Like Battlefield 1942, the Wehrmacht uses predominantly German made equipment. Uniquely, their light tank is Czechoslovakian.
- Sturmtiger (call in)
- Sd. Kfz 251 Pakwagen (call in)
- Tiger I
- Panzer IV
- Panzer 38(t)
- Sd. Kfz.251 Halftrack
- The Wehrmacht soldiers in Battlefield 1942 were voiced by Macro Kroger.